1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

sign in your yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Mar 26, 2002.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Anyone put a sign in their yard? How big? BTW, I wouldn't do this if I were like the guys in the thread "Do You..." LOL.. I'd only do it if my lawn were nice and spiffy (which it is... I think the nicest in the area) . Why is this a good or bad idea? Thanks
    Eric

2. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

If your proud of the way your yard looks, then certainly. Go for it and stick a sign in the front. You might as well let people know who made your lawn look the way it does.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldnt make it too big, you may tick the zoning officer off:D

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

CHECK WITH UR PARENTS, first of course, if its ok with them and u are proud of ur lawn then get a nice PROFESSIONAL looking sign and stick it in there.

5. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Jim at Turf Magazine here.

A sign? The only thing I can say is there's a fellow down the road from me who has a sign for his landscaping service -- and his yard is a mess ... looks worse than mine!

That doesn't inspire much confidence.

6. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

In my area the zoning police would be all over me. I think a temp. sing would be ok if you're doing and install.

7. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

don't even get me started on the zoning control guy!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

8. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

A local LCO that has signs on his two trucks that he parks at his house. Has a retaining wall project that has been in progress for a year now. The yard is mowed infrequently.

This is not the image I would like to portray to my customers or potential customers if they drove by and saw where I lived.

Another LCO put up a 3'X5' sign in his front yard saying
    "Lawncare XXX-XXXX" It is on a 4 lane road with lots of traffic.

Signs are OK but dont leave it out all year long. Now is a good time of course for people looking for a LCO and maybe throughout the year promoting different services, such as aerating in the fall.