Sign on back gate.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MudslinginFX4, Jan 30, 2004.

1. OP
    OP
    MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

They got them for me. I had Signsbytomorrow make them for me. They did an excellent job!

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Here's mine, but I'm guessing yours will look a bit more professional. If you don't mind me asking, what are the costs with metal. I'm sure it would hold up longer than this will, but this was only $25.00, and it's waterproof with six reinforced eyelets.

[​IMG]

3. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

Do they have a website?

JT

4. OP
    OP
    MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.signsbytomorrow.com/

ElephantNest, I paid $80.00 for a 24 inch x 36 inch sign and I paid $40.00 for 1000 new business cards to be made. I also had 2 magnets made for my personal truck for $75.00 but i'm not sure if I am going to use them yet.

5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I was looking today and the channel that I used to build the frames for my signs was 1" not ¾ ".

The inside distance between the channels was ¾ "

Good luck littlenic

6. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

No signs, I get too much road rage. Maybe I'll put some of my competitor's names on the truck so when I flip or cut somebody off, they'll think it was them and not me. Yeah, that's the ticket.

7. ManleyLawn

ManleyLawn LawnSite Member

i agree with eric 1 needs some nuts and bolts but the main thing is washers! mine has vibrated off many times.

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

HAve a welder weld some angle in between the upright supports on the gate and space them for the sign. Drill them and mount the sign to that.

9. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Take a 2x4 and rip it down. Drill a few holes through steel on gate that sighn will cover(two in middle of gate). Place the wood you ripped against steel and mark and drill holes. bolt wood to steel,now you have a place to mount the sighn.

10. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

I just put a piece of 2 x 4 in there with some button head galvanized bolts...threaded part out. I painted the boards to match my trailer.