1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Signage for back of trailer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hotty Toddy, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Senior Member

I want a large sign to put on the back of my trailer, on the mesh drop-down ramp that would be visible when the ramp is up.

What kind of sign is best? Aluminum? Are the attached with a grommet and some type of tie?

HT

2. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is aluminum. Not sure what thickness. My buddy is a graphic designer. I told him what I wanted and he did the rest. I attached it with self tapping metal screws.

2EE55CCA-9A95-4CB0-944D-69E1A30D39E8.jpeg

jonthepain, CLT Bluesman and Cam15 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Senior Member

That’s sharp looking, man!

4. Matthews Lawn Care

Thanks!

Cam15 likes this.
  5. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never seen a green trailer before looks good with that sign and it really stands out!

Matthews Lawn Care likes this.
  6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

My long-term experience is that after a year or so of use the hardware starts to pull through the aluminum. 4 years of running a sign and I got no calls from it but lots of hassles.

SPM Landscape, Doc8406 and kemco like this.
  7. Matthews Lawn Care

I have a 6x12 trailer with a thinner gauge aluminum sign on it than what’s on the 18’ tandem trailer. Been running it for 6 years and haven’t had any issues. The 18’ tandem has had that sign on it for 2 years, no issues.

He gave me the specs and run down on everything(metal, vinyl, coating, etc.) in the beginning. The 6x12 trailer sign is rated to last 8-10 years. The 7x18 trailer sign is rated for 12-15 years. Thickness, coating and vinyl type all factor into the longevity of the sign. Pre drilling your holes also helps. I always go a size(1/16) smaller with the bit than the size of the screw.

978BA362-D56A-438D-8B86-E0B49DA22836.jpeg

Mark Stark and Cam15 like this.
  8. Matthews Lawn Care

Thanks! I hadn’t seen a green trailer either until I stopped in to buy this one. I’m sure there are a bunch out there but not around here, yet.

Cam15 likes this.
  9. kemco

kemco LawnSite Gold Member

One season with an alumi core sign and all places where it was bolted have craked or broken completely off. Almost $1000 spent on the sign. Only One call and job received that I know of due to it and that was within the first week of having it on the trailer ramp.

Doc8406 likes this.
  10. Matthews Lawn Care

$1000? I paid $165 for the one on my 7x18 and I think it was around $130 for the one on my 6x12.

I’ll talk to my buddy in the next couple days and let y’all know the stuff he uses.

Cam15 likes this.