Silicone seat pad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by danell10, Nov 30, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I'll check them out, but the closest Ferris dealer is pretty far away.

2. JLH52

JLH52 LawnSite Member

I also cut 10 acres weekly from April thru November and there is more rough ground than smooth, therefore comfort is a priority for me.

If you do decide to trade I would highly recommend that you demo a Hustler with flex forks on front, with suspension seat with fore and aft isolater. The fore and aft isolater doubles the comfort of a suspension seat alone.

Even with a suspension seat without the isolater your body is always tense anticipating the next bump. This is where the flex forks and fore and aft isolater make a world of difference.

When I purchased my first Hustler Super Z 60 ZTR 14 years ago, I demoed a Scag, Exmark, Ferris with four wheel suspension. Then I demoed a Hustler Super Z 60 with flex forks with suspension seat. The decision for comfort was a no brainer hands down. The smoothness of the hydraulics, plus the flex forks and suspension seat was exactly what I was looking for.

I now have a Hustler Super Z Hyperdrive 72 in. with flex forks, with suspension seat with fore and aft isolator which is even better.

If I knew I could purchase a mower with a better ride, smoother hydraulics and overall comfort, I would trade immediately. I have not driven a John Deere with their flex forks and Twills so I don't know how they ride. The John Deere should be a smooth ride.

Hope this helps with your decision. Even if you don't trade now demo a Hustler as I described above and you'll at least know what's available.

3. OP
    OP
    danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

Thank you so much for your response. I had to chuckle when you mentioned tensing up anticipating the next rut or bump. That's exactly what happens, and all that tension goes into beating up the operator.
    I live in a somewhat small area with a limited market. I'm unaware of a Hustler dealer in my area, but I have Google to consult. Thanks again!

Cam15 likes this.
  4. JLH52

JLH52 LawnSite Member

I don’t have a dealer close by either. The dealership where I purchased is 78 miles away. My first Hustler, the 60 inch Super Z with 1200 hours on it when I traded was never returned to dealer for any reason. I did replace the oil pan gasket myself with the help of a friend. I'm not saying Hustlers don't ever give problems, but mine have been minor and few.

Running non ethanol gas, clean air filter, sharp blades, clean oil, and a little common sense during operation of mower will prevent many trips back to a dealer for repair service. With the conditions I mow in and the pine roots I have to avoid, there is no one I'd even consider getting on my mower and saying, “go cut my 10 acres”. After cutting the same property 30 times per year for 26 years, I know where every root, hole, bump, stump, is and I've never hit any abject with my mower. When I traded my 60 inch for the 72 inch the appearance of my mower looked like it was new. BTW, when I traded they delivered my new mower, picked up the old at no charge. Also gave me the flex forks, 2 sets of blades, extra oil filter and several quarts of oil, at no charge. Can you beat that deal. If they were 150 miles away they would still have my business.

Merry Christmas

hort101 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    danell10

danell10 LawnSite Member

The thing is, every mower manufacturer sends out mowers with some "bad" parts and shoddy assembly. Every maker produces lemons.

hort101 likes this.