1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Silverado mpg

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by OhioBobcat125, Feb 26, 2008.

1. OhioBobcat125

OhioBobcat125 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys I have a 99 Chevy Silverado 2500 not HD with the 6.0 vortec and a 3.73 rear end. Right now I am not plowing or pulling anything and I am getting between 9 and 11mpg and this seems a little low to me but Im not really sure. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

You probably have winter blend fuel... Mostly city driving? Short trips, engine doesn't get much time to warm up?

If yes to the above, its normal.

3. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked my mileage, mostly highway and I got 17.5 mpg, Duramax, 4X4 quadcab 8' bed, hows this sound?

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

With our 6 liters - all trucks are 02,03,05,06 gas. Winter so far with either trailer or plowing - 9 - 11. My new d-max with 1200 miles - getting around 15, winter blend fuel and alot of idle time due to 0 degree weather.

5. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

i went on a 300 mile trip this past weekend all highway and got 17mpg, but when im around town and let it warm up for a few minutes and get about 11 or so. By the way this is with the 6 liter

6. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

With the crap weather we have been having that sound about right for mixed driving, should be a little better for highway. We have a 99 and A 03 and thats about what I would say were getting. Are 99 never sees better than 15 and thats with A old man driving it.

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

that is a little low. I get around 11 pulling the trailer. unloaded I get around 13-14 but I have the 4.10 rear end...I have to admit..I bought this truck right at a year ago and I disussed it EXTENSIVELY here on this site before I bought it. Everybody told me what the mileage would be and they were right...but they also told me I would be happy with the truck and I have been!!