Simazine help

lawnrx

LawnSite Member
I'm spraying simazine out of my Z-spray at 1/3 gal per 1000. At 1oz per 1000. mixed with threeway ester. I sprayed this mix four weeks ago and it rained two weeks ago with about one inch of rain. I'm trying to kill poa. I can't tell if it is working yet. how long does it take to work. or do I need to do one more treatment. I have some yards with poa and trying to take care of it now. I did use prodiamine full rate in Sept.

AuburnHort2005

LawnSite Member
I know it will control it if you get it down in time. You wouldn't happen to have any Revolver? I have had good luck with that for annual blue. It's expensive though. You may have good luck with Round Up, but be careful with that. I don't think I would run that in my ride on, just back pack it if it's not too much.

OP
lawnrx

lawnrx

LawnSite Member
I know that simazine needs to be watered in but just don't know how long it takes to show that it is working??? 1/3 gal per 1000 is a little lean. I think it needs to go down at 1/2 or 3/4 gal per 1000. more water = more time.:(

AuburnHort2005

LawnSite Member
Yea, I don't know about a ride on unit. I'm still getting mine down with a hose end sprayer. You may need to get a post emerge on it to get it.

Turfdoctor1

LawnSite Senior Member
Simazine is great at preventing poa, but not very good at killing it once up.

It completely depends on the size of the poa. If it was big, it won't even knock it back. If it is small, it will probably kill it. But, by the time it looks dead, spring will be here!