1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

simple maybe stupid question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneandonlyjojo, Sep 25, 2004.

1. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

when some of you post saying u want to bring in atleast $60 an hour or man hour. are u talking about going into your pocket or talking about before paying employees and taxes... etc.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

$60 per man hour would be the gross, That is the amount you would base your price to the customer at. Remember that you need to have a minimum for different job types, and these minimums will actually gross you more then $60 per hour. Example, Aeration is $60 minimum for us, that job may only take 15 minutes. Same with Shrub work.

3. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

Exact words that soupy said :drinkup:

4. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

alright all i needed to know cause i was going to say $60 in pocket should never have u complaing. now its cleared up

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

A few weeks ago I had a guy install a new element in my oven.
    He just fixes appliances...not a plumber or an electrician.
    He was in my house for 9 minutes
    CHarge was $45 to show up, $50 to install the element plus the cost of the part. The service call he had b4 my house was within 3 miles of my address. So, he has about 15 minutes invested in my service call and he walks away with $95. Do the math on what he could gross in one day.
    Little Ford ranger, a few tools, and off he goes to the next service call.

I offer this as another example of why we are worth every penny we charge...and then some when you consider the investment we have in equipment and vehicles/trlrs/tools/machines/insurance/ etc.