• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

single or double wheel velky

rinker26

LawnSite Member
is the bull rider any good or is the kind like the velky better or the is the single wheel the best.trying to narrow it down and make a decision but so many choices.just cant decide.please help.good advice needed.

silverado212

LawnSite Senior Member
I run a Velke X2. Love it. I think they are very well built. They also fold up, so you can hang it off the back of the mower for more room.

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
is the bull rider any good or is the kind like the velky better or the is the single wheel the best.trying to narrow it down and make a decision but so many choices.just cant decide.please help.good advice needed.
What size mower and is it a hydro? The caster type [bull rider] sulkies take alot of traction to operate.

STIHL GUY

LawnSite Fanatic
i dont use one but i dont like the line down the middle of the stripe that the single wheel leaves

mountainmowinman

LawnSite Member
I have used everything except the proslide. I still have a couple of the single wheeled velkes and yes they do leave an unsightly third wheel mark but to me are efficient to use. My favorite probably is the castoring sulkys, I like the way they track behind the mowers. It basically comes down to personal preference, comfort, efficiency, and performance. Just try out a variety of them, and see which one suits your needs for the properties that you service.

JohnnyRocker

LawnSite Senior Member
I have used a lot of types as well. I haven't tried the proslide, but it looks pretty cool. I don't like the single wheel sulkies because of the line it leaves. I prefer Jungle Wheels. But definitely dual wheel for me.

dwost

LawnSite Bronze Member
When I had my WB, went from a jungle wheels double to a Proslide and would never go back to a wheeled sulke. The ride is so much better on the Proslide and it leaves a killer stripe. Only donwside is if you run across a lot of concrete and pavement you will be replacing the plastic slide more frequently. Other than that they are great to use.

carguyrob

LawnSite Member
I have used a 2 wheel velke for 10 years and wouldn't use anything else. The tires track nicely behind the mowers drive wheels so you don't have any unsightly tracks in your stripes. The flat free tires are a must in my opinion, the tubes suck.