Single wide demolition pricing?

icex

LawnSite Senior Member
Background: Customer has called twice, once wanting a old house that was burnt piled up and burnt and ashes burried, second time was to build a flood wall around the property, this time it's to tear the single wide they got for free down. The last two calls the customer got someone else to do it after being quoted a price.

They message me on facebook today asking how much it would cost to tear the single wide down. It's a hour drive from here, and I quoted $1500. They said no thanks. What do people expect, to get it done for free?

Factor in insurance, diesel fuel to go over there, diesel in the excavator, time involved, you're realy not making much off of it.

Did I quote to high, too low or just right?

OP
I

icex

LawnSite Senior Member
Just crushed to the ground and piled up. They said they'd take care of the rest.

YellowDogSVC

LawnSite Gold Member
more than fair price. I could knock it apart in less than a day with a mini but to be safe and neat, your price sounds about right.

OP
I

icex

LawnSite Senior Member
more than fair price. I could knock it apart in less than a day with a mini but to be safe and neat, your price sounds about right.
that's what I would be using is a mini. Let's keep in mind they've contacted me twice and when I give them a quote they "found someone else to do it".

turboawd

LawnSite Member
that's what I would be using is a mini. Let's keep in mind they've contacted me twice and when I give them a quote they "found someone else to do it".
if i had free time, i may have done it for less. heck even 1000 for a days work is better than nothing.