Lawn Care Forum banner

While mowing which one is your prefference?

• Sit on ZTR

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Stand on sulky

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Walk behind WB

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Sit on sulky

Votes: 2 2.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question.

Which do you prefer to do while mowing?

Obviously a 21" self propelled push mower and other mowers a velke can't go on is excluded, so please don't vote if using them as the factor.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Only stand on a sulky, so I voted that way, I might one day sit, but I kinda like standing. It gives a good view of the deck and area around it, and some have said it is easier on the back!
Norm

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
STAND ON SULKY, SULKY, SULKY, SULKY, SULKY
no walking, sitting, just pure Ben Hurr riding*

Also, this for Gravely Man, I just curious how can you cut walking behind WB most of time? Even a 36" WB can pull your belly out if you cut with 3rd or 4th gear, let alone the more powerful Hydro (try 5th or 6th speed!) I walked for 2 weeks and I hurried to dealer to get jungle wheels for my Metro otherwise I felt like working out in gym, running treadmill for 6 hrs! imaging walking behind that 36" over 450lbs everyday? exhausted under 95* heat, brother, doing 10 houses that day, I went home collapsed.
One day okay, two days okay, 3 days fine but 6 days walking behind?

So tell me you must be something more logical than pure excercise not to use sulky on your WB.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hi, Lawn Godfather, is it real or just trying to update us on your signature at bottom, "You can Make More $$ with a 21" than a ZTR Yes it's true."

Are you kidding me? You can walk that baby 21" as much as you want under 90* plus heat here in Florida on all lawns all day 6 days a week, like 10 lawns a day and you may want to give up cutting grass and change your signature for good. Tell me how, in case, I am behind on this new strategy. No pun intended.

regards,

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
MTR, Some of the homes that I do have very small cutting areas around ¼ acre. The problem is within this ¼ they have put as many trees and beds as possible so I must mow very slowly. This is when I walk.

Gravely_Man

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Would rather ride a sulky but I walk 36 properties a week. Yep MTR that means cutting in 3 or 4 gear six or so hours a day five days a week under the beautiful Florida sun. (Feels like temp 104 today) To stubborn to get the sulky before another 4 accounts and 10 pounds.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by MTR
Hi, Lawn Godfather, is it real or just trying to update us on your signature at bottom, "You can Make More $$ with a 21" than a ZTR Yes it's true."

Are you kidding me? You can walk that baby 21" as much as you want under 90* plus heat here in Florida on all lawns all day 6 days a week, like 10 lawns a day and you may want to give up cutting grass and change your signature for good. Tell me how, in case, I am behind on this new strategy. No pun intended.

regards,
It's Ultimate Lawns quote from another forum out of a thread he started last week.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by ULTIMATE LAWN
Nice to See you have Taken that Lesson to Heart.

If I wanted to Sit I would get a Desk Job.
That statement is as bright as the rest you have made.....I guess you stand when doing paperwork and billing.

Do you wipe the poop off your leg while standing?

·
Banned
776 Posts
Actually I agree with him that you can make more money with a 21" push mower than you can with a ZTR. WHY? because the costs are less. It doesn't take a trailer to move it, it doesn't take a big truck to pull the trailer, it doesn't cost $9,000, it doesn't cost as much to maintain or replace. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.