1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

SiteOne University in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by phasthound, Oct 11, 2017.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Today I had the privilege of giving a presentation about the NJ Fertilizer Law and Enhanced Efficiency Fertilizers at the SiteOne University in Eatontown, NJ. There was an audience of about 70 landscapers. I have to say they were the cream of the crop. I've presented information at many conferences through out the years and in most cases the attendees are more interested in the credits offered than learning about how to succeed in their profession.

Today was different; everyone was listening with interest to what the speakers were presenting. I saw very little of the usual chatter, checking phones and snoozing. Instead, there were intelligent questions and dialog.

I want to thank SiteOne for the opportunity and to all the audience members for their attention.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Way to go Barry. Even landscapers pay attention when they have a spellbinding orator.

Maybe all that preparation paid off.

Maybe the coffee and doughnuts were extra fresh.

With all that talent and knowledge, New Jersey must have really green grass.
    Hopefully it didn't take the whole day to discuss New Jersey fertilizer laws.

3. fireball756

fireball756 LawnSite Senior Member

Well you do have to remember Chris Christy and it's New Jersey. Maybe two days to explain it all

4. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh LawnSite Member

That's about 15 minutes from my house. I shoulda stopped by. I saw the email a few days ago.

5. phasthound

:laughing:
    Actually, the law is really quite simple. But you have to get through the Rutgers ProFAct Training Modules and test to get your fertilizer license.

hort101 likes this.
  6. phasthound

If there is enough interest, I can set up a presentation on Google Hangouts.

Grassholes and hort101 like this.
  7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to go but unfortunately I couldn't make it, the very dry weather in September threw my servicing program off schedule by a few weeks.

Was it recorded and placed on YouTube by any chance?

8. phasthound

That's a great idea. I'll bring that up with the powers that be.

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  9. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

could be you just made it interesting some of those speakers put me to sleep and i never go to sleep in the middle of the day

10. phasthound

Thanks, I try to make it interesting. I usually put about 6 hours of preparation into a 50 minute talk.