Size and Type Recs for First Commercial ZTR

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
A 36 should do fine if you have a lot of gates to deal with. I mow several 1/4-1 acre yards with my 36" JD belt drive walk behind since my Raptor clutch stopped working. It's definitely doable, and should be much faster on the scag. I'd get the stander if you want to spend the scratch.

OP
MA225

MA225

LawnSite Member
@Youngandfree that's helpful. I had a buddy who ran a 36" JD walk behind with a sulky and it was a beast!

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
@Youngandfree that's helpful. I had a buddy who ran a 36" JD walk behind with a sulky and it was a beast!
I've learned if you're going with a WB, get a hydro. Ignore the temptation to "save money with lower maintenance on a belt drive." I've had it since spring and am ready to sell it. It's a beast and it's fantastic. But not being able to easily reverse it out of a tight spot is somewhat of a time killer.

Attachments

• 20201107_101450.jpg
    20201107_101450.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
MA225

MA225

LawnSite Member
My dealer sells Scag and Exmark, and there's also a toro dealer nearby. Which one would y'all choose between the Scag V-Ride II, Exmark Staris, and the Toro Grandstand and why?

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
My dealer sells Scag and Exmark, and there's also a toro dealer nearby. Which one would y'all choose between the Scag V-Ride II, Exmark Staris, and the Toro Grandstand and why?
For the 36" I'd do an exmark turf tracer and 52" Vride although the 36" Scag WB is a nice unit.

Top Forums