• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

size of wb

rinker26

LawnSite Member
i am purchasing a new tthp this spring and was curious if the 48 and the 52 operate the same with a velky.i weigh about 175 and dont want any problems with the deck raising up on me.are both machines about the same or is the 52 really a big difference over the 48.

93Chevy

LawnSite Fanatic
i am purchasing a new tthp this spring and was curious if the 48 and the 52 operate the same with a velky.i weigh about 175 and dont want any problems with the deck raising up on me.are both machines about the same or is the 52 really a big difference over the 48.
You won't notice much of a difference. If you know how to run the machine well, you'll save some time with a 52.

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
The biggest thing you will notice between the two deck sizes will be the amount of trim side you have. The 52" deck will give you a little more of a trim side, but only by a couple inches. And even when cutting the 52" deck won't save you THAT much time over the 48", at least not on most accounts.