1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Forestry Mowing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawnworks, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I am thinking of getting into forestry mowing and clearing land with this machine. There is some equipment for sale locally that has sparked my interest. The equipment is a 2002 Cat 248 w/ 280hrs, loftness 72" forestry mower w/ 98 teeth, bucket, root rake, landscape rake, sod compactor, and 16,000 lb trailer. He is asking $48,500. What do yall think? Too much? What would you offer? My main concern is advertizing and marketing or basically getting business. I think I can get enough work to pay for the equipment. The guy said the local home expo got hime 6 months of work. I will spend whatever it takes to get it off the ground, but I just need to know how. Flyers and yellow pages have exploded my lawn maintenance business, but I don't they would be that effective for this considering yellow pages don't come out for 8 months. Billboard? Is a turbo cat necessary or will naturally aspirated work well?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Lawnworks,

Here is a post on Billboard advertising.