• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

slacker employees

Four Season's

LawnSite Member
How do you guys find good help these days?

For me its near to impossible. All I hear is moaning and complaining from my worker. He just doesn't seem to take pride in his work or take any interest in the business. Just there to earn his drinking money, I guess?

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
Does he really drink? I never found a drinking man that was a good worker. Sure there are some, but the one's I ever saw were either still drunk from the night before, or hung over. Bad combo with power equipment. Best workers I ever saw just smoked a little. (glad I'm solo) Good luck.

trailblazer98

LawnSite Member
Camland has a good point. Maybe your just not paying him enough. He may just be a slacker though. There are plenty of them in the world.

chevy1tondualyjd

LawnSite Member
i think that your employees slack off because there is either not enough work to be done or maybe your just an overly fussy bastard

OP
F

Four Season's

LawnSite Member
One of his complaints is that we start too early in the morning. HeWe start at 7:00-7:30. In fact, I have to give him a wake up call in the morning. He also complains that mowing is too hard for him and he doesnt know how to operate the equipment. After 5 years in the business he should know better. I also have to pick him up every day of work because he doesn't have his drivers liscense. I pay very competitive wages. After thinking about it, I guess maybe if he doesn't like our work he can go work at a donught shop!

Norm Al

LawnSite Bronze Member
there are very few good employees in the green industry,,,,,if they are any good and can speak english they mostly go in business for themselves!