1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

SLG Lawn Service

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by airsoftamazon, Jun 22, 2009.

1. airsoftamazon

airsoftamazon LawnSite Member

O.k. I'm new to this forum and I love it. I just started back into my lawn business. Four years ago, I was going strong after two years of lawn service and landscaping. But unfortunately, I was in a bad wreck with my lawn vehicle. That was the deciding factor for me to get out of the lawn/landscaping business. Mostly because of the landscaping. I was doing all of it myself and burned out. I was able to accumulate some decent commercial equipment by then and ended up returning some of it because it wasn't paid off. Fast forward to now, I am starting off small as I did before. I can't afford commercial equipment, but I did learn what works and doesn't for the most part when it comes to buying equipment that will serve my purpose until I pick up. I own a John Deere JS45 rotating mower, it's pretty sweet and performs well. I will however get some replacement parts for it just in case. I have my original edgers and trimmers and am just bought a new backpack blower. I am also adding some higher voltage rechargeable accessories, such as hedge trimmers and other items that use the same batteries (non-essential equipment). I put together an inexpensive 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight (12" wheels) and built and nice little lawn trailer and call it my little red wagon. It's designed just like a typical lawn trailer with the trimmer rack, lowering tail ramp, and a sturdy all weather storage bin in the front. I took it out this weekend and all seems well. It's great to get back on the horse so-to-speak. And yes, I am totally legal, bus name, insurance, and all that stuff! All in all, it cost me a couple of thousand to do this. Not bad for a re-start.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome back into the business and to Lawnsite! I used to be your neighbor. I used to live in Palm Coast and work in Jacksonville and St. Augustine.

3. airsoftamazon

Hey, thanks, did you mean neighbors as in "next door neighbor", or because you worked in Jacksonville? Which ever, it's cool. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. :usflag:

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I meant it as neighbors as in I lived close to you. lol I did a lot of work in Fleming Island, Flagler College, and other properties with Austin Outdoor.

5. airsoftamazon

Julia's grandson?

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

nope...not me. Do you know of Austin Outdoor?

7. airsoftamazon

Crap! My memory sucks lately! Remind me. Sorry.

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

They are a pretty big lawn and landscape company based out of Palm Coast and they have an office in Jacksonville. Just wondering if you ever heard of them.