Slick Trailer Gate

xtremelawn

LawnSite Member
What do you guys do about slick trailer gates. I watched on of my guys fall pretty hard yesterday because the gate was slick. Do any of you guys have this problem and what did you do to fix it.

Thanks

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
If it's an open mesh trailer try a heavy coat of non-skid coating. My open trailer had plywood on both sides. Outside piece was my signage. Inside piece painted with non skid bed liner.:usflag:

Landrus2

LawnSite Fanatic
What do you guys do about slick trailer gates. I watched on of my guys fall pretty hard yesterday because the gate was slick. Do any of you guys have this problem and what did you do to fix it.

Thanks
Just carry some Kitty litter when wet just put some on its a quick fix :waving:

Tha5150

LawnSite Member
im pretty sure some spray on bed liner would be better than nothing. worth a shot for 5 bucks for 1 can. all you would need i think. you could get it at local parts place like autozone or advanced

Moose's Mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
tell them to be very careful. When I was in college I was working for a large LCO. I was stepping from the truck's tailgate to the front of the trailer. It was wet and I slipped. My shin went right into the open side of a 3" piece of C channel that's welded to the front of the trailer. all 240 lbs of me landed right on that spot. Took it clean down to the bone. hurt like a mofo and could barely walk for a few hours. I'll never forget that and everytime I'm in a sticky situation like that I always tend to remember to be careful.....

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Here is what has worked for me. My tailgate is expanded metal (open mesh). I mixed sand in with my paint (not spray) and coated the tailgate, worked great. The paint does tend to wear off fairly easily so you have to recoat every so often, but no big deal. This will work on solid metal also as I've used it on my boat deck.