• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

slime

geogunn

LawnSite Silver Member
I've used something like it also.<p>had a flat on the front of the machine. no way am I gonna break that tire off and patch or replace a tube unless I have to.<p>squeezed in some of that stuff took a couple of passes in the drive and flat fixed!<p>GEO

mowerman90

LawnSite Bronze Member
Wal-MArt carries something similar for much less and it works just fine for small nail holes

Alan

I used it in two tires, one worked, one didn't. I've got foam fill in two sets of tires now, will have it in more as I replace worn tires. For what the foam fill costs I don't want to put it in a tire that will not deliver a full lifespan

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I use slime or slime-like-products in everything. One day I noticed a wet spot on my trailer tire, it was a hole. The wet spot was the slime sealing the hole. The tire lost only 2 or 3 lbs of air a week until I could fix it.

Barkleymut

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just a note, J Thomas now offers tires that are solid and are supposed to have a good ride. I haven't tried them myself but I think they are a good solution to always patching mower tires. Prices aren't too bad either from what I remember $40-$60 per tire and that comes with the rim, I think the local Firestone charges about $40 to foam fill.