Lawn Care Forum banner

Small Installation

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bobcat48 
#1 ·
Customer wanted to soften up the landscape of their recently installed steps, and also wanted to block the hideous view of beneath their deck. Specimens are low-maintenance while providing color throughout the entire year.

Plant Building Window Porch Wood

Plant Building Sky House Window

Plant Sky Shade Tree Road surface

Plant Road surface Grass Landscape Groundcover

Plant Building Property Window Wood

Plant Building Botany Tree Window

Plant Building Sky Window House

Plant Building Window Botany Sky

See less See more
#5 ·
#10 ·
That is nice but what about water running down along the stairs and washing that stuff out?
yeah exactly what i was thinking. A couple pounds of river rocks along the stairs would accent the steps and keep your mulch from washing away. At the same time, i would play it by year and if it starts to wash away tell the client how to fix it and get another job for yourself. Looks clean in the growing season, the liriope and hydranga will look sloppy in winter, but you have enough shrubs to cover it. good practice job though

#11 ·
yeah exactly what i was thinking. A couple pounds of river rocks along the stairs would accent the steps and keep your mulch from washing away. At the same time, i would play it by year and if it starts to wash away tell the client how to fix it and get another job for yourself. Looks clean in the growing season, the liriope and hydranga will look sloppy in winter, but you have enough shrubs to cover it. good practice job though
Would love to see a picture of the patio after a good rain! :hammerhead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.