Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation, I have about 12-15 properties that I need to find a more efficient way to remove the leaves. The area is a very affluent, condensed suburban area. Most of the homes are on a quarter to a third of an acre. The county will not remove the leaves from the curb unless they are bagged. I was wondering if any of you knew of a small vacuum that sucks up large piles of leaves and blows them into bags I can leave on the curb. I currently use 55 gallon drum liners/bags. Having one guy hold the bag open while another manually loads up the bag is very time consuming and inefficient. We generally blow everything out to the curb with push blowers and backpack blowers then load them up by hand. I would love to buy a large trailer rig with a built in vacuum and haul them off but according to my calculations is not worth it in my situation (cost, taxes, where to park it, maintenance, dump fees etc). If I could use it on all the properties I would.

Thanks for any input, let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Both Stihl and Echo make Blower/Vac's. We like the Echo the best, it has a handle right on top of the engine that makes handling them easier/more comfortable. The Stihl has handles on either side, they both blow into bags you can then dump int 55-G barrels. You can also get a kit to vacuum them straight into a barrel if you are in open territory you have to stay pretty close to the barrel though.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
An entry level debris loader ($1,700 to $2,500) on the back of a truck with a campershell or homemade version thereof would save you tons of time. It would only require storage space for the deris loader and campershell. If the math works for you, you would be amazed how fast that unit will pay for itself. This is especially considering the laborsavings versus how you are currently doing it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.