• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Small project I just finished

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have two commercial accounts that each need 50 yards of mulch in March. I have been needing a small dump trailer so decided to make one for my mower or atv to tow around the property. I found this 4x8ft tilt trailer and added a winch to make it electric dump. Not bad for $160.00 total. Should serve its purpose.

OP
S

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
It should serve its purpose. It was going to be 4 guys and 2 wheel barrows. I plan to rent a front end loader and this trailer should be able to dump 1yd per trip. Definately worth the $160.00. Ill probably design and build an actual 4x6ft dump trailer if I pick up more jobs like these.

Premier landscaping south

LawnSite Senior Member
Got to love good ole American ingenuity.

Good idea my friend.

What kind of car is that in the background of the first pic? Guessing pinto. Is that your next project?

Last edited:
OP
S

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks! The car is a 76 Datsun 280z. Been working on that for about a year, its a long term project. plans are for a small block Chevy :usflag:

OP
S

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am renting a bobcat. I needed something to transport the mulch onto the property. 50 yards=50 dump trailer loads. I dump while helpers spread. I can atleast get all of it dumped in one day to avoid double rental cost on the bobcat.
I cant ride a bobcat around on the grass. It would demolish the property. I am having the nursery deliver the mulch onto the pavement.