small system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NAT, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. NAT

    NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7
    Messages: 96

    I have a small system to install in yard i put in 2 years will be all fix spray and drip in beds,its a small house and the hook up will be to city water . I'm going with hunter or rainbird which is jdlandscpe products.which one would you go with ?this is my first system and looks like 3zones, .is there a fix spray that waters better than others,i have some mowing accounts that have toro fix sprays ,which are done by the same guy.thats anther story!but they don,t seem to water heavy enough.thanks for reading any help would be helpful.
  2. Dirty Water

    Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,794

    I'm partial to the rainbird 1800 (1804's to be precise) series of sprays. They are very reliable, cheap, and have a good variety of nozzles.

    Other people will tell you to go with the Hunter brand, but thats my take.
  3. sheshovel

    sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,112

    I prefer Hunter to Rainbird anyday.
  4. Wet_Boots

    Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 50,763

    What failures in the 1800's have you encountered, to prefer Hunter over them? Any special conditions, like water supply?
  5. Luke in Nebraska

    Luke in Nebraska LawnSite Member
    Messages: 35

    I like the toro 570z. The male threads on the nozzles much easier for service. I can change them without turning the water off, if there isn't too much pressure.
  6. Grassmechanic

    Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,697

    Ditto...what Jon said
  7. Broker

    Broker LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 382

    If you decide to use 1804's or pro-sprays consider using Rain Bird U series nozzles I think you will be happy with the performance.

Share This Page