small tank and spray boom and nozzles fo a Walker

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dave k, Jun 22, 2009.

  1. dave k

    dave k LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,177

    I am looking for a small tank that I can put on my Walker mower with a small boom to spray my yard using liquid fertilizer, also want to use it to spray a consisitant amount of fusillade over the whole lawn which is Emerald Zoysia, any suggestions? I had one man tell me out of HI. once but lost the info when my computer crashed.
    I have 1 AC. of land.
  2. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,676

    Scroll down 2 inches and click Gregson Clark. They probably have a 15 gal tank with electric pump and boom or spray gun. Work nice for ATV or garden tractor.
  3. Hogjaw

    Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 386

    may have what you're looking for.
  4. greendoctor

    greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,975

    I remember you. You needed to selectively kill bermuda in about an acre of emerald zoysia. What you need is a small boom that runs off of an electric pump.

    Shopping List

    25 gallon ATV sprayer(make sure this has a 3 GPM pump or better or a boom will not work)

    1/2" SCH 80 PVC pipe

    2 1/2" PVC threaded caps

    2 1/2" PVC male adaptors

    11/2" PVC tee two ends socket, one end threaded

    Hose barb fittings to go from hose to the tee

    4 Teejet QJ175560A-1/2-NYB Nozzle Body with Diaphragm Check Valve

    4 Teejet 25612-NYR

    4 Teejet 110 XR VS tips(cannot determine size without knowing tractor speed and operating pressure)

    This is to be mounted with the nozzle bodies drilled into the pipe 20" apart and the boom itself is mounted 16" above the grass, no higher or lower. The pipe and fittings are probably available at an irrigation supply house or even HD or Lowes. All of the Teejet stuff, I order from I am not repping for them, it is just that they are the only parts vendor I have found that does not screw around with my order and shipping just because I am in Hawaii. Getting the things you need from Canada to Georgia will probably cost less than what I pay.
  5. dave k

    dave k LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,177

    Thanks Rey
    I did find your old PM to me, I had thought they were deleted, but were still on the server.:clapping:
  6. Turf Dawg

    Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,719

    If I remember right Walker has a spray unit that goes right on front of the Walker decks with the brackets and everything. I beleive it is on their web site.
  7. dave k

    dave k LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,177

    Thanks, and I bet with Walker pricing to boot!
  8. Turf Dawg

    Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,719

    I beleive it is around 600 bucks. I have seen one at my dealers open house before and they looked pretty nice. The only thing that worried me is the weight of 25 gals of liquid on the very front of the very small front castor tires of the Walker deck. I have a feeling if the ground was soft you would easily be able to see your tracks, you know , the ones that are about 2" deeper than the rest.

Share This Page