1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Small truck diesels

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by tacoma200, Apr 21, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know which if any of the small pick ups (Ranger, Tacoma, etc) will be running small diesels in the future?

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Nothing that small, but GM, Ford, and Dodge are all supposed to have 1/2 ton diesels in the works. Ford's might have gotten the axe due to the break up with Navistar though, I'm not sure.

3. tacoma200

That Ford/Navistar relationship has been very rocky (and in court). Since they have two truck plants in Louisville we hear about it all the time.

4. tacoma200

When i was young I drove a Datsun/Nissan truck from Nashville for a dealer. It was a small diesel but they must not have sold very well. That would have been in the 80's.

5. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

You can put a diesel in a small truck over here..it's been done.... I'd love to see a diesel tacoma. EPA regs are the only thing keeping it from becoming a reality.

6. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Im still see only one problem is that you get more power but the Fuel savings is just about gone because of the new Emissions regulations.
    EDIT:there may be hope for diesel engines
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwNVY3MnGE4
    Personally i love the old 12valve cummines sound tho but most people dont

7. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

why did people build new houses on farm land I'll never know. we need that farm land if where going to keep up with the demand of bio diesel.
    I will be going back to bio diesel as soon as i get my check this week there is a place not too far from that sells it. yep i still got my chevy diesel lol
    cant belive that it lasted but it been good i got to change the oil soon too. 252000 miles and still keeps going ive got it almost paid off.
    Im really not sure what to do with it when i pay it off probably keep on using it until it quits.

8. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

I love the sound of diesels period! The old cummins 12valves are the best though..you can hear them coming.

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

No fords been working on in house diesels. There was never a half ton international. its a landrover diesel.

10. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Huh???????????