• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

small truck rack

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
Might should put this in the sprinkler forum but I'll try yall out first. We are adding a 2021 Colorado to the fleet as light service truck. we work spread out and wanted some fuel mileage so this was the best 4x4 for my needs but I want a nice rack to carry some pipe and a ladder if needed. basically I'm tired of driving the transit at 16mpg or the f350 at 10mpg to change a light bulb or sprinkler nozzle... also just a runabout for me on the occasions we don't need the petes. 28mpg is better than 8!

was lucky to find this one before year end. truck shopping not for the faint of heart.
DY5Q3YMYXGEF4XCQIBE6S6KYXU-cr-1400.jpg

buttaluv

LawnSite Senior Member
Think something Aluminum or stainless would look nice and still be ok to use as a road runner and not look to commercial..

OP
BrandonV

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
Think something Aluminum or stainless would look nice and still be ok to use as a road runner and not look to commercial..
Well I looked and looked but short of driving to Wilmington to have a custom on built I went with a powder coated black one from weather guard. Also got the decked toolbox system fir the bed. It’s going to be stickered up like the rest of the fleet so no hiding.

OP
BrandonV

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
I’ve actually looked into the diesel models. I’m just loving that fact that I can get a diesel n such a small package. Would be great for a second rig with say a 7X12
Yeah I really like the ford rangers but 2 of my staff have them and the mileage isn’t there compared to the diesel. It’s funny Because I’ve sworn off the diesels for the light duty trucks (1tons to med duty) but this unit seems to be what I want. Not crazy 0-60 times but pretty good economy.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I’ve got a 2005 gasser. Was a fleet vehicle so zero frills. Crank windows, no Cruze control, rubber instead of carpet. It’s served me well, it’s got 145k on it. I tow a 6x12 trailer. The fact that it’s diesels really cool! Hope it serves you well!

OP
BrandonV

BrandonV

LawnSite Fanatic
if it wasn't for the cruise control that's what i'd ordered. my 2008 jeep patriot is that way and I sure do miss cruise control- we cover a lot of ground in our area. it keeps me from speeding :)

the little jeep has 175000 on it now and it's going to be a dedicated farm truck