Smart Meters

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have done alot of research on these things and am part of the "Stop Smart Meters" Campaign on Facebook
Smart meters emit a pulse about every three seconds. The radiation radiates approximately 90 feet in all directions. It passes through your home.

Some people are putting lead covers over their meters, but the radiation pulses still go through the rear of the meter and through your house.

If your house is within the 90 foot radius of your neighbors meters then their radiation is also emitted into your house, and your houses into their houses.

The meters were developed by the U.S. military.

In British Columbia, last week it was found that the power company was breaking some 14 laws while installing smart meters.

I am against them. Besides the radiation, they are able to gather alot of information about you and your habits.

In Canada, smart meters are not approved by the Canadian Standards Association. They have not been tested by this Federal Government safety board. I believe in the U.S. this is called the Underwriters Laboratory-UL and from what I gather they are not tested or approved down there either.

The CSA and UL test every-thing for safety, including your bedside lamp. Look for the sticker.

I wrote my government and the British Columbia Power Authority and told them I would not let them install a smart meter on my house. I have posted a sign on the meter and signed it with my name, address and noted who I am.

It is costing the power company (which is owned by our provincial government) a billion dollars to install meters in British Columbia. They figure it will take ten years to recoup this expense, but then the meters only have a ten year warranty....so what's with that?

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
ia m not for them, invasion of privacy because they can keep records of your habits. no way i will let them do that. i would get off the grid before that happened

OP
U

UpMax

LawnSite Member
Some pensioners who have already had the smart meters install, claim that their bills have increased 300% !! So much for this new technology to assist us...Hopefully we will have a choice to keep the traditional meters like in San Francisco

CL&T

LawnSite Senior Member
Smart meters emit a pulse about every three seconds. The radiation radiates approximately 90 feet in all directions. It passes through your home.
Radiation? :laugh: You don't happen to carry a cell phone do you? Do you have a wireless router in your house so you can use your laptop? Do you wear a tinfoil hat?

In Canada, smart meters are not approved by the Canadian Standards Association. They have not been tested by this Federal Government safety board. I believe in the U.S. this is called the Underwriters Laboratory-UL and from what I gather they are not tested or approved down there either.

The CSA and UL test every-thing for safety, including your bedside lamp. Look for the sticker.
The meters don't have to be tested by a testing laboratory. They belong to and are under the control of the utility company. They are not for use by consumers or the public. This is like saying that the utility equipment out on the street or the hydro plant needs a UL sticker.

This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever heard. All those meters do is allow the utility company to quickly read your meter remotely from a vehicle driving down the street thus doing away with meter readers. I've had two (one for electric and one for gas) for years and gee, for some reason I'm still here.

And what has this got to do with lawn care and landscape??:confused:

OP
U

UpMax

LawnSite Member
The connection between smart meters and lawn care is this. As business owners we need to be aware of an increase in operating costs. Whether it is fuel, water, gas or electricity.
I prefer to keep the profits of my hard work and not give handouts to the Government.
Posted via Mobile Device

CL&T

LawnSite Senior Member
The connection between smart meters and lawn care is this. As business owners we need to be aware of an increase in operating costs. Whether it is fuel, water, gas or electricity.
I prefer to keep the profits of my hard work and not give handouts to the Government.
Posted via Mobile Device
WHAT COSTS??? Read what I said above about why these meters are being used. You going to believe me or some bunch of hysterical nutjobs?

OP
U

UpMax

LawnSite Member
CL & T thanks your opinion. Sounds like you don't have a problem with smart meters.
No, I don't wear a tinfoil hat !! Although I've seen a few cyclists with funny aerials on their helmet, not sure why ?? What do you know about these unusual creatures ??