1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

snakes on the loose

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianj, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i was weed eating a ditch yesterday and got into a nest of cotton mouth's. i killed 8 of them, i would sling them out with the weedeater and my helper would cut there heads off with a shovel, my client said he had never seen a snake in his yard before. i should have charged combat pay. lol

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

hahahaha!! :laugh: You a CRAZY man!! I wouldn't get within 20 ft. of one of those things!!

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

by the way do you have any pictures of your 8x20 trailer? I would love to see the side fold out door and this ez storage deal. I am considering an enclosed trailer, probably a 7x 14 or 16.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

brian -since i too am in jax-i can relate and it also scares me just a bit. were these babys? we used to kill them in ditches when doing comm.props all the time. tell me these weret full sized! with the extreme drought -they may be on the move looking for h20

5. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

At least they weren't on a plane... lol

6. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

well, if they were in a ditch... mother effin' snakes in a drain!

7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

F- that!!!!

I hate snakes!!!

8. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

And if it were a railroad crossing, snakes by the train!!!
    And when he hit them with the weedy, the sankes flew like a plane!
    Snakes dont's care, snakes have no shame!

Groan, I am getting bad!

9. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Haha.... That sounds like a fun day.. Last year we had a snake on our dock at my camp and we got the 22 out with bird shot and had a field day... Then we cut it open with and axe and about 6 baby snakes came out... Glad we got her before she reproduced!

Dan