1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Fast Cut

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by robertyb, Mar 3, 2004.

1. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

Snapper has a new homeowners ZTR, The Fast Cut with 20 hp Briggs Vanguard and a 50 inch cut out this year. Anyone here used one yet? If so, how do you like like/dislike it?

2. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that but you just asked a bunch of professionals who probably use commercial equipment about a home owner unit. I personally like snapper equipment and will be buying a fast back(commercial model not fast cut home owner model) in the near future. I know I've already said this in past threads but i think snapper is the most under rated mowers out there.

3. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

That is why I posted this in the Homeowners forum :)

4. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

Thats why there is a homeowners assistance forum so homeowners like yourself can ask professionals questions.

5. rushrush1

rushrush1 LawnSite Member

just bought the simplicity version (50 in). Have not done any mowing yet but it has some nice features ,arm rests ,striping roller, front suspension (simplicity only I think). It is not a commercial unit but has indapendent wheel pumps and motors. Stamped deck instead of welded . I was looking at fastrak or laser Ct. I ended up with the simplicity, well see how it holds up on my acre track. From what i understand simplicity bought ferris or visa versa I guess snapper fits in there somewhere.

6. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

Yes, I drove the Snapper 1848 today, if I decide to go this route I will probably go with the Simplicity 2050 with the IS suspension. Nice mower. Dealer priced it at $4,100.00 before tax. Simplicity bought Snapper.
    He has about talked me into a Ferris IS1000Z with 23 Kawa. 52 cut at $5,995.00 though.