1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

snapper gt 18 hydro trans

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by olyman, Nov 20, 2006.

1. olyman

olyman LawnSite Gold Member

restorob--ever figure out anything about whether to draw hyd pressure off this type of hydro---?????

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

what make and model of pumps do you have? are you wanting to run auxiliary hydraulics? if your pump has a charge pump sometines you can capture power there. if not, you may be able to add a small piggy back pump to it depending on the style of pumps.

3. olyman

k--this has a in one unit hydro--pulley of front for power--all the rest enclosed--simplicity has a like unit--with hydro lines off it--?????? wondering what kind of pressure this unit produces--and if some can be pulled off----even if have to use hydraulics setting still------

4. khouse

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

With the numbers off the other poster's unit, It was found to be a Eaton trans-axle and had no aux. hook-up.

6. olyman

restorob--that sucks--now have to figure out something diff---:) :) thanks,oly

7. khouse

what are you trying to operate? maybe a 12 volt linear actuator can do the job?

8. olyman

thats true k--but didnt want to add a "lump" to the tractor:) soooo--back to drawing board--

9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with khouse as to what is it you are wanting to do, Lift attachments ?

10. olyman

resto--yup--the other series of this tractor--was one made by massey--a 1650--single cyl kohler 16--cast iron rear axle--and live hyd--wanted to change mine over to that--as those tractors are hard to find--but not the implements--me thinks they blew the single cyls from hard use---18 mag kohlers would have been a much better choice--and one i read about did just that!!!--soooooooooooooooooooo