1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Snapper leaf blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowing Freak, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I don't want to get a "this is better than that brand" thread started. I can read lots of info about the top brands on other threads. I just have a question and wanted some opinions. I want a Little Wonder push blower but about $1000 is not in my budget right now. I came across the snapper leaf blower for $550 and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with snapper blowers and are you impressed or not or do I need to hold out for a Little Wonder?

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Let me preface with: I have never used a Snapper blower.

Now for my opinion. The Snapper blower is a residential blower and I am sure you know the deal on residential equipment.
    I bought a used Little Wonder push blower for $300 or $350 (can't exactly remember). It is about 4 to 5 years old and has definitelt been used. But it is still in good shape. I immediately put it to work after buying it, without doing anything to it. It worked wonderfully, blows like a hurricane. It started running rough. I changed air filters (I think the first new filter it has seen in a while), changed oil, spark plug, degreased it, touched up some paint. It runs like new and starts on the first pull every time.
    I guess what I am saying is, maybe this is something you might want to buy used. You can probably pick one up for under $500, and it will most likely still last longer and give you less trouble than the Snapper. JMO.

3. Mowing Freak

from S.E. Ks

I like the buying used idea but in my area there is nothing like that here. I could buy off ebay but I like to try before I buy. I can buy new around here but have to drive an hour away to get it. Lets just say I will be the 1st or 2nd person to have a blower like this in my area. If I could find used I would go that route. I'm not looking to buy immediately but in the near future.

4. Grits

from Florida

If you do not need it right now, i would keep an eye out for a used Little Wonder. If you can find one on Ebay wihtin driving distance from you, it would be worth it.

5. Grits

from Florida

6. Mowing Freak

from S.E. Ks

That is the same size motor snapper has on theirs too. That would probably be a buy depending on the price of a new one that is not 4-5yrs old.

7. Grits

from Florida

Yeah, it's a good deal. Other deals are out there. So if you don't need it right now, I would wait and keep an eye out for something of better quality than the Snapper.