1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Snapper Pro ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cyrogenicman, Apr 26, 2005.

1. cyrogenicman

cyrogenicman LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Snapper Pro? I am looking at one for residential use and trying to get my 14 yr old son started in the neighborhood. It has the 19 hp Kawa engine but doesn't have the 2 stage air filter. The deck is 48", everything else seems like the other commercial brands that Snapper sells. The price is $5,099 + tax. Looking for advice please.

2. fjr1300

fjr1300 LawnSite Member

I purchased the NZM19481KWV last year after much analysis. I feel the construction is at least equal to an Exmark HP, and in some details is better.

The thing is rock solid so far and the cuts is superb. I think it is the best value out there. Time will tell.

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I purchased the Snapper Pro Fastback (twin stick) late last spring. 52" cut, 21hp Kawasaki, all 7 gauge steel on frame and deck. I love it and would add another in a heart beat. Let me know if you have any questions.

Buck

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its a great engine and the bigger filter helps in dusty conditions especially if your son is looking at getting into business its a good idea to have.

5. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Cryogenicman,
    Forgot to mention...mine does have the 2 stage canister filter. Last season I changed the outer filter twice, the inside is still the original. Will change that this week however.

Buck

6. FishOn

FishOn LawnSite Member
    from ORF

Based on the specs. looks like an excellent choice.
    http://www.snapperpro.com/fastback_midmount.php

Commercial transmission and drive components, they even use same on their residential units. Looks to be ~equal too maybe better than
    Hustler Mini Z, 19HP Kawasaki / 52", STD seat (23" tire). HMZ19KAW52STA (927236) $7,499 less their limited time discount of $1300

Lesco makes the Z Two that's worth looking at too!

Again the Snapperpro seems like a great deal.