• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Snapper Pro

SSMO

LawnSite Member
I have been using a brand new snapper snowblower with a 13.5 hp for snow removal this season. I wish I never had bought it. The warranty sucks. If I was you Id look around for something better. Toro offers great waranties. Just a suggestion.

ProcsLC

LawnSite Member
We use Snapper Pro mowers and have been for almost 5 years now. LOVE them, haven't had a ton of issues with them, very easy to maintain, priced right and do an excellent job.... What more could you want?!

Not sure what the guy above was talking about, but we never had any issues with them covering warranty items... Maybe it was his dealer? IDK, but we tried Ferris and also exmark, and found the best bang for our buck with Snapper... Just my .02 cents, hope it helps.

QualityLawnCare4u

LawnSite Gold Member
I have personally not used one yet but they are very popular in my area and are run by the big time LCO's who really like them. Never heard a complaint on them here.

SSMO

LawnSite Member
Might be the dealer idk..
First time i went out and used it it started to lock up then about 20 seconds later it would go again as if nothing was wrong. the third house we did the wheel fell off, the lockout broke and snapped put a $1.50 pin in and works fine. We had so much snow it was impossible to get it in to be serviced I just kept going. Luckily it was the last house and it finally wouldnt go in any gears, I have 6 including 2 reverse. The pin inside the housing snapped cost me 50 bucks it wasnt a warranty item. I cant remember exactly where I would have to look at my bill. You take the back plate off 8 bolts flip it up take the case off and it sits inside.I cant remember what its called.Electric shute connection finally broke last week had to rewire it together works good so far. Does it run and work good yes, Ever read a Toro warranty? FULL 3 years coverage. Toro builds them in one state over where I live. We live in a cold state thats notorious for winter. Only reason I bought the Snapper because it was $150 cheaper. And I wanted to see what a 13.5 hp engine can do. Full cast Iron, its really no different then a Toro but, again its just my opinion I will buy a Toro next year.

silverado212

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought a 52" WB last fall needed work, but that was because it was not well taken care of. The little bit of time on it I have I love it. Great mower for the money. My dealer told me the new ones aren't as good as the ones built within the last 7-8 years. Easy controls and nice stripes. You can't go wrong.

Shasta Lake Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a brand new snapper pro sw20 36", I dont know how it cuts yet but its built like a tank, and the controls are simply dreamy. Same mower as a ferris comfort control DD 36". I also have a john deere snow blower, wich is the same machine as snappers blowers, I had a problem with mine traveling forward, but it was a simple cable stretch type adjustment, other then that I love it.
I happen to have a picture of both.

OP
L

let lawn care

LawnSite Member
Thanks to everyone that replyed, thats what is great about this site is the wide range of knowledge. i have already purchased a Snapper Pro S200x but i haven't ran it yet. Same situation as Shasta LL.

CANT WAIT TIL SPRING!!!

MarkTodd2233

LawnSite Member
I Just bought a snapper pro s50 ZTR 48inch 2 weeks ago,, ran it once this week end , since the rain stopped, seems great,, just beware of tarps laying the yard, got on it, engaged the blade, didnt see the tarp to my left and FUN, FUN,, took me about 2 hours to get it from around the blades,,,*trucewhiteflag*