1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

snapper yard cruisers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by indian, Jul 2, 2002.

1. indian

indian LawnSite Member

Does any one have any experiance with these mowers. Are they worth the money, do they mulch well, bag well, and do they give a quality cut? I am looking into gettin one of these.

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know much about them, but the comments that I have heard are mostly neutral to negative. Nothing that I can put my finger on though. My thought is that if you are going with that heavy a machine, I would spend the extra money and get a commercial quality ztr that will last you.

3. indian

indian LawnSite Member

I would look into getting a commercial ztr, however, I have a pretty small yard and a commercial unit would not fit through the gates in the fence. The gates are 40 inches wide. What options do I have for a ztr that is smaller than that?

4. Okieboy42509

Okieboy42509 LawnSite Member

Well as far as I know snapper is murry, or the other way around, they sell snapper equipment at the local wal-mart, so if that scares you hehe, well I think it should be ok as long as it has a briggs on it.

5. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 38" yard cruiser. The single joy stick steering is not very good compared to dual wheel controls like a true zero turn mower.

I had trouble on any kind of slope. Look at the Hustler or Toro Time Cutter ( I believe). They have Z's geared toward the homeowner.

I wouldn't buy the Yard Cruiser again.

6. amlawn

amlawn LawnSite Member

I have a swim club I maintain, and they bought the 38" yard cruiser for the grounds there. i haven' t caught grass yet, only mulched. I have to say it does a good job of that. It's not commerical that's for sure, but it runs well for me. By the way, I think Encore makes a "small" 30-something (35" ?) Z-rider.
    jim