1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

snapper zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by postman, May 25, 2004.

1. postman

postman LawnSite Member

any body use snapper z mowers they also have one with joy stick how do like them thanks for input and help

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I've been a member on this site for over 1 year and can't remember anyone saying they used them. You may want to try the search option. Some material may turn up there.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a '99 snapper z 52" w/ 20HP? kohler command and joystick control. This was the first "z" I purchased. Not a bad unit, but no comparison to my 2003 eXmark laser Z!

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I remember growing up and using nothing but my parents snapper. (brings back memories)

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I stopped and looked at them at a new dealer the other week in the city, JUst from looking at them I like my scag better. I never have used one so I dont know how they compare, another cutter in town has one and it seems to be doing ok, I wasnt very excited about it as far as looks go but me and the dealer got off on the wrong foot so I quess that is why I wasnt impressed with his mower

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If it's a snapper you want, do yourself a favor and get the one with the twin sticks if you have any slopes at all to mow. I tried one of the older (not Fastback) ZTR's and like to have had a heart attack on it. I could not get it to hold a hill period. A lot of it could have been the way the machines were built then. But I could not get anywhere near the kind of individual control from the joystick that I can from twin sticks.

They are easy to zero turn though.