1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Snapper ZTR Deck Throwing Belt

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by burlap, Jun 7, 2008.

1. burlap

burlap LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a snapper pro cruiser that all of a sudden hs started to throw belts. I don't feel any wobble in any of the spindles. I fabricated a bracket that would allow me to tighten the tension on the belt and it threw it again. It also has a very noisy deck. I have replaced the driveshaft and right angle gear with little effect on the shaking and vibrating. I don't know if these problems are related, but i've had the deck problems for a long time. The belt problems just started. I would like to know if this is typical of that mower. Thanks,Lloyd

2. lubricity

lubricity LawnSite Member

Did you install the drive shaft correctly

3. burlap

burlap LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I think I installed the driveshaft correctly. It's keyed at one end with a slide coupler at the other which could go one of four ways depending on how I installed the square male end into the female opening on the deck side. Any of the four ways appear to be the same to me. Am I missing another way to install it? Lloyd