• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

snow and grass

lawncare18

LawnSite Senior Member
Who got snow last night?? We got about 4 to 6 inches.. eveyrone out plowing again.. this is really killin me.. but oh well hopefully by may we will be out mowing... anyone else behind because of the weather?

daveintoledo

LawnSite Silver Member
33, snow flurries.... all next week too....not going to be alot of bills going out for april

then when it dos clear up, they will all want it done right away....;)

cnymowing

LawnSite Member
yes... I am itching to get the mowers out and I already have a few mulch jobs lined up... but the edger doesn't cut through frozen ground too easily

scagtiger

LawnSite Member
Already got 3 weeks of mowin in here.... snowed about 1inch friday night but gonna warm up nice next week

pclawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Hell i was mowing on friday and dam it started snowing on me. I figured hell im already out here might as well finish up the route for the week. It was so cold on the grasshopper 33degrees wind about 15-20 out of the north and driving the grasshopper about 8 mph back into the wind. I about froze i had 2 long sleeve shirts on a sweatshirt sweatpant under a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of socks on.

dcondon

LawnSite Silver Member
It went from the high 70's to the 30's and blowing very hard. It has been this way for the past week and next does not look much better.

bigtex

LawnSite Member
Cold In Mass. Worked 3 Days Last Week. Looks Like (from The Forcast) Maybe Get In 3 This Week. Going To Start Running Out Of Time To Have Everyone Cleaned By May(cuttin Season).