1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

So far this year...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jon99, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

This is what I have spent on marketing and results from each so far....

Sent about 1000 postcards, cost of about $300, and have landed 3 small residential accounts...

Place a little ad in the business directory of a newspaper, $52 for 14 days, have landed one small residential..

Placed a 13 week ad in a weekly, small town chain of papers for $142.. One commercial account, $530/month...

$500 spent, so far about $6300 worth of annual business because of advertising and another small commercial ($30/week) commercial because of a friendship... Still hoping for better, but I am some what happy...

2. jc50292

jc50292 LawnSite Member

What sort of response have you had from doorhangers? Is the response on the postcards typical? What about the newspaper ads?

3. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I have never done flyers and this is my first year doing postcards... Ads in newspapers is below what I have had in the past, but its still early here as most people haven't started mowing yet..