Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a pretty amusing story...so me and my buisness partner are out mowing in a neighborhood were we cut 4 houses this particular neighbor hood is almost like a plateau cut into a mountain, for the most part its flat but on the right side there is a steep hill going up the mountain and on the left side their is a steep but steady drop. one of the houses we cut happens to have one of these steep hills. so i had finished mowing and trimming early so i sat down curbside to watch my co-owner finish up this hill. as he was driving up the hill in the 60" lazer efi i see the right wheel fall into a ditch which instantly caused a traction issue no big deal...so he tries to wiggle the mower ot of this situation when i from a distance see and absolute swarm of bees around him so i yell out but he cant hear me because of his ear muffs when he finally realizes what has happened he jumps off starts to run away than doubles back to shut off the mower...luckily he was wearing long pants or he would have maybe 50 stings so he turns off the mower runs away and gets only one sting on his hand but he continues to run up to our enclosed trailer where he waits for a bit only to find out he had bees under his shirt!!! they start stinging him and wow it really looked bad...but thinking back its kind of funny

· Moderator, Friend, Angel
36,324 Posts
this is a pretty amusing story...so me and my buisness partner are out mowing in a neighborhood were we cut 4 houses this particular neighbor hood is almost like a plateau cut into a mountain, for the most part its flat but on the right side there is a steep hill going up the mountain and on the left side their is a steep but steady drop. one of the houses we cut happens to have one of these steep hills. so i had finished mowing and trimming early so i sat down curbside to watch my co-owner finish up this hill. as he was driving up the hill in the 60" lazer efi i see the right wheel fall into a ditch which instantly caused a traction issue no big deal...so he tries to wiggle the mower ot of this situation when i from a distance see and absolute swarm of bees around him so i yell out but he cant hear me because of his ear muffs when he finally realizes what has happened he jumps off starts to run away than doubles back to shut off the mower...luckily he was wearing long pants or he would have maybe 50 stings so he turns off the mower runs away and gets only one sting on his hand but he continues to run up to our enclosed trailer where he waits for a bit only to find out he had bees under his shirt!!! they start stinging him and wow it really looked bad... but thinking back its kind of funny
Ya its always funny for those who don't get stung:laugh:

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it was a combination of trying to distract them with bee spray and sneeking around behind the mower ,turning it on and riding away asap

· Premium Member
524 Posts
I know this may be splitting hairs but I seriously doubt those were bees if they were living in the ground. One of my hobbies is beekeeping. I've got 5 hives and a decent amount of experience with them in various environments. Bees by nature don't like living underground, too humid and they can't tunnel or dig dirt to expand the broodnest or store honey. Bees get a bad rap when the term is used generically for any flying and stinging insect.

I'm glad to hear he's okay. Even as a beekeeper it's still a funny to hear stinging stories, assuming everyone is okay. And yes I've been stung in some bad places and been the butt of some of those stories.

· Registered
3 Posts
I don't think these were the cute little honey bees.
Around here the big bees will come out of the ground while we are cutting or bailing hay. One of our workers was hospitalized while bailing hay.
I now have a cab tractor and just watch as they swarm by.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.