Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day one of the guys that i plow with asked me to put in a bid on two huge properties that he does the maintenance for (plumbing, electrical, etc.), one is a 400 unit apartment complex, and the other is about a 25-30 unit townhome style retirement community.

the way he was talking he was pretty convinced that i would get the job.

the reason i'm posting this is becasue up until now i've been solo with just a little help in the busy times, i've just never had a property of that magnitude to take care of.

i'd have to buy more equipment and take on a few guys.

im just a little scared going into it with a fairly fresh crew

i dont really know what im trying to get to here. i know i can handle it, i have the knowledge and the experience to do it...

i've been talking to my dad about it (hes been in big business for years) and its no sweat to him. i think its a big deal. but i think its a huge step in the right direction for my business.

i guess im just trying to see if you guys know what im going through and if you have any tips for me. comments? concerns? things to watch out for? im open to all criticism good or bad.

my mind is just going 1000 miles a minute

thanks,
derek

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doubleedge
"My advise: make sure you don't underbid ."

lol ill keep that in mind

ed2hess
"It will be a good experiece to try.........but getting workers would be a major problem in our area and quality would suffer a lot."

Dstosh
"some one told me that, running a crew will cost you money before it makes you money, so mind as well start now. See if you can get some guys together and start training them now."

thats my biggest concern. i have one guy as of now that i know and trust and that wants to work, but i think im going to need a crew of about 3-5 guys including myself to do the jobs plus my other stuff, i just hope i can stay in the green with my profits, but i guess i'll figure alot of that out when i sit down with the managers of the complexes this week to discuss everything.

AJ Lawnscapes
"If you're talking about Mowing, I'll be happy to Sub-Contract for you if you need the help."

yea i'll keep that in mind if you want to pm me with your contact info

·
Registered
186 Posts
the other day one of the guys that i plow with asked me to put in a bid on two huge properties that he does the maintenance for (plumbing, electrical, etc.), one is a 400 unit apartment complex, and the other is about a 25-30 unit townhome style retirement community.

the way he was talking he was pretty convinced that i would get the job.

the reason i'm posting this is becasue up until now i've been solo with just a little help in the busy times, i've just never had a property of that magnitude to take care of.

i'd have to buy more equipment and take on a few guys.

im just a little scared going into it with a fairly fresh crew

i dont really know what im trying to get to here. i know i can handle it, i have the knowledge and the experience to do it...

i've been talking to my dad about it (hes been in big business for years) and its no sweat to him. i think its a big deal. but i think its a huge step in the right direction for my business.

i guess im just trying to see if you guys know what im going through and if you have any tips for me. comments? concerns? things to watch out for? im open to all criticism good or bad.

my mind is just going 1000 miles a minute

thanks,
derek
Good luck on the new contract, I just wanted to say i like your logo, nice color contrast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.