So seperate pump motor IS better......???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ARN Greencare, Dec 1, 2019 at 5:13 AM.

1. ARN Greencare

ARN Greencare LawnSite Senior Member

Was watching a video featuring Wright mowers engineer, who says the intergrated drive system is a "step down" from the seperate pump and motor system. I have heard this from Shaun at Grasshopper, and have been seeing failures at much lower hours on intergrated pump/motor set ups in my shop than before.

In spite of all the "opinion," or "evidence," I will let you guys call it what you want, I have seen some intergrated systems with quite a few trouble free hours.

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Get 6k plus hrs on separate pump/wheel motors on Tracers. Jury is out on integrated. Not enough hrs yet but hearing some whine on 2 my FW’s that not too excited about.

Will get back to you in 4 yrs.

Also much easier to drain and maintain separates on my Wrights and eXmarks than the integrated.

3. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer the separate ones. I hear guys complimenting their integrated ones with a few hundred hours like that’s much of a test. When they get to a few thousand hours let’s hear how they hold up then.

ARN Greencare likes this.
  4. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

I’ve seen up to 3.5 k on 4 machines. Retired before any quit

Ridin' Green likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    ARN Greencare

You wouldn't happen to know what type of drives they were?

6. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Hydrogear Zt 34 and 54

ARN Greencare likes this.
  7. Turf Tracer

eXmark and Wright also use synthetic based system on their individual pump/wheel motors You can easily go 500 hrs or more between maint if running eXmark hydro oil w/anti foaming agents. Can do fluid/filter under 15 min on most those units.

the integrated I got looking at 200hrs and 45 min fluid/filter.

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

My integrated are 500 for oil changes and the oil and filters changed in roughly 10-15 minutes max.

9. Turf Tracer

Going switch to syn on my integrated next change. It will be different weight at 15w50 and pricey because amount needed but 500hrs or more should be no issue. They time consuming to change on FW’s compaired to the eXmarks and newer Wrights.

10. OP
    OP
    ARN Greencare

I have only had one failure on my machines. It was an 03 Turf Tiger, a gear inside the wheel motor broke. That machine endured alot of abuse in it's life though.