So what are you going to do if you catch covid?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Advance_lawn_care, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Advance_lawn_care

Advance_lawn_care LawnSite Member
    from AR

Wondered what options all you solo operators may have thought of. If you catch it will you tell clients to stay away from you while your onsite and mail payments or pay electronically? Do that and carry disinfectant to spray gate latches you touched and gas pumps before you leave and really wouldnt be any risk of spread because your taking responsibility for the condition.

Ive watched various companies in the past lose the ability to work for a period. My observation is no matter how long you been around and no matter how good they were, they still lost half or more of their clients.

2. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

I do all of that anyway. Everyone should have been doing that regardless of a positive test or not.

Brucey and JLSLLC like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Advance_lawn_care

from AR

Things are adjusting here, its worse where you are. About a week ago there were no cases in my county and very few in my state. Still only around 40 in my county. I'm just watching other states and I see whats coming for my state.

I say its worse where you are, guess I dont know what part of Missouri your in, could be in a out of the way part of the state like me. Ive heard from friends in KC its bad up there.

4. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

I'm south of St Louis. I've been doing all that stuff for a couple/few weeks now, when at zero cases in my county. We're now around 70ish in my county.

I think we're doing pretty good. Just under 30,000 tests given in Missouri and only 2300 infected out of that....Testing 30,000 people showing symptoms and only 2300 actually infected is a pretty good ratio imo. I was out at the store yesterday and everyone is doing what is needed. More people with masks....

JLSLLC likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Advance_lawn_care

from AR

People here are starting to wear mask, my wife still gets funny looks for wearing hers. I dont want this to become another 10 page covid thread that goes off topic and you cant find anything tho. Topic is what are you guys going to do if you get it, and at this point I suspect atleast some will.

6. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Just keep a level head and use precautions. It's all you can do. I spray gates......and i notified my clients that gates are the only thing I will touch on their property. Toys, lawn furniture etc will be mowed around. Trash cans will be left in place. That sort of thing.

JLSLLC likes this.
  7. hedgehog_MI

hedgehog_MI LawnSite Senior Member

I would not want to risk any legal remification from not informing your customer base that a "positive COVID-91" employee has been at their residence/business. If they find out that you know of the positive result and have not informed them of employee's recent activity regarding their exposure, you may be held partially responsible in any/all matters that may arise. Wait, you said SOLO; — I must have skimmed past that before I started replying. Not much changes though in my estimation with either scenario, solo or otherwise.

8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Missouri

Once ya get it you really need to self quarantine. It'll suck but it's what ya have to do. Other than that just do the precautions.

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Work gloves, and face mask if needed. I don’t interact, just do my job, been billing everyone electronically
    Getting gas I definitely use gloves, and try to wipe or spray debit card, are the precautions I’m taking

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    TrainingWheels likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Advance_lawn_care

from AR

So your talking about if you get confirmed your going to continue due to no interaction?