So what do you all charge on a average 1/4 acre yard to suck up and remove leaves?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by dplawn, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:14 AM.

1. Ohio Landscaper

Ohio Landscaper LawnSite Member

Wellllll...... then there's subbing it. lol

It'd be nice if you could 1099 a couple college kids and give them backpack blower and let them go to town on it, but they'd be employees. :puke:

So I deal with it.

2. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

funny you mention that, I used to be able to hire college kids, but the labor pool ain't what it was, we all know that!

subbing works for me-I don't have the time (or equipment) to haul all the leaf cleanup we do-especially this time of year when the sun sets early and the weather gets grumpy, (like right now!)

Ohio Landscaper likes this.
  3. Ohio Landscaper

Ohio Landscaper LawnSite Member

I know. I'm 25. Really got my business off the ground while in college. Completely floored by the number of folks my age that are lazy back then, but with the crap I see nowadays from the snowflakes my age, I can't wait until the next generation comes and hope that they see what my generation screwed up and wish they'll become responsible and get a good work ethic.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow likes this.
  4. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Senior Member

my city does yard vacuum and eow yard refuse pick up.. so that pretty much if it is accepted by the dump, the city will remove it from the front of your property. Makes it nice to coordinate trimming and leaves in conjunction with the eow removal.. they have the schedule on their website too.. so it is very easy to keep up with.. never have to haul any off as long as the clean up is in the city..

5. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

you a lucky guy!
    my city has a service we call the "patch patchers", they re-patch the old potholes that are potholes again! lol (serious though)
    yeah, that's where we are these days.

Doc8406 likes this.
  6. Doc8406

I need to recant one part of my statement.. they don't actually vacuum the yard.. but rather, they do vacuum from the curb.. they seven trucks and move them around from zone to zone till the leaves have pretty much fallen.. then if it isn't your zone time, they will pick up on refuse day.. but then, they pick up a lot that day.. from leaves to refrigerators and.. boards to branches.. like i stated, they pick up anything that can go to the dump.. this includes furniture even..

JLSLLC and Greencuts518 like this.
  7. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Platinum Member

We're out in the country and services suck with high taxes

Walker56 likes this.
  8. Doc8406

:(

9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

My area is getting real fussy with that, not my town yet thankfully.. but when they make you use/supply their cans here they won’t take anything else alongside

Walker56 likes this.
  10. Doc8406

We have "trash" days.. which is the trash can stuff.. then refuse day which is eow on the next day after trash day.. i have put a lot of "brush" in the trash can before..

Walker56 likes this.