1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

soaker or misters?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 20, 2008.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I am a little boggled as far as if I should use spray misters or soaker hose.

Here is the situation, new plantings, going to add a zone or two before the landscape install.

It will be several trees (dogwoods), about 50 boxwoods, 50 yews, and 25 arborvitaes with other perennials and annuals in front of those.

I am thinking soaker for the arbs, and sprays to hit the others, what do you think? what is best?

2. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Dripline (AKA netafim) for shrubs, bubblers on trees, micro sprays or MP1000's for bedding plants.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I understand, however the hedges/shrubs are behind some of the bedding plants.

thus I do not want to overwater, so I am asking this question. ;)

4. Waterit

Separate zones

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I understand what you are saying, however realize that no matter how much I decrease the water from the spray head it will still hit the boxwoods/yews. and I do not want to overwater those.

6. Waterit

Then spray from the boxwoods out, or use the netafim on all of it, but keep separate zones as the plants have different water needs.