1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

sod cutting estimate???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by AuburnGuy, Jun 25, 2003.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I a new guy in the biz. Need help with a small estimate. I have about 200-225 feet of sod to remove around a garden home and replace with pine straw, no border or anythin. They only want one strip removed. I will have to rent a sod cutter. But will probably have to go back and use a shovel to get right next to the house. My estimate is $290. What do you guys think. I have to give her the estimate soon.
    thanks

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds accurate. You can cut the sod out in about a half hour. I am guessing about 2.5 hrs. total on the job.

3. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Dave. 2.5 hours is what i was hoping for. I had originally estimated $330, but i work with her and I am just starting and need the business so i said $290. I could have easily done it for $330. She did not ask the first question about the estimate i gave her. Thanks for letting me know im on the right track.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds fair @ $330, $1.50 per foot.. i charge that for sod, and $1.00 per foot for bed edging.. makes it easy to give estinates this way.