1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Sod Job...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Mar 5, 2006.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, worked many sod jobs before, but never installed one as a biz owner. Let me know if I'm too high or too low.... Also, removing existing lawn before, spray w/roundup. Do you guys think a landscape rake will take it all up? Let me know on that as well.

Lot size is 90*40=3600 sq. ft.
    my cost for sod: .17 sq ft.
    so $612. for sod cost.
    5 yds. of topsoil $100
    125 for rockhound/landscape rake
    Fuel $75

Labor
    8 hours prep time- removal of old grass/adding topsoil. 2 men.
    10 hours install time-2 men.

So...PREP- Bobcat+ 2 men*8hrs*90 hr (30 hr. for each man)=$720
    Install- 2 men*$30 hr*10 hrs.=$600

TOTAL $2107 Which still sounds kind of low to me, for 2 days work 2 man crew and a bobcat. Any thoughts? Did I miss anything? I'm tough skinned I can handle criticism!

2. down size

down size LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Are you licensed to spray the roundup? We charge $5.00 a yard for sod (includes sod cost of $1.52 a yard) tractor work with oporater $100.00 an hr extra man $37.50 an hr

Your job.
    sod installed 2000.00 prep 1200.00 ( includes top soil) spray roundup 100.00 fuel cost in tractor rate plus cost of any rentals hope this is helpful