1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

sod question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by WarEagleCRL, Sep 16, 2005.

1. WarEagleCRL

WarEagleCRL LawnSite Member

had 3 pallets of bermuda left over due to nightfall. Told the cust. I'd be back Mon. I came home and parked it in a shady area with shadecloth (kind of like a burlap material) over it. Been about 90 degrees lately here with no rain. Asked a couple friends that are lco's, one said it will be yellow but will come back, another said he'd left it 2 days and was yellow but came back. The first guy said no water on the pallets b/c it will cook the grass in the middle, sounds like he learned the hard way. If any grass can handle it, I would say bermuda could. What do you guys think? any chance it will be good Mon? I'm not working Sat or Sun, plans both days that I can't do anything about and no labor then anyway. Anyone left it over the weekend? What happened?

2. WarEagleCRL

WarEagleCRL LawnSite Member

oh yeah, it was just cut this afternoon, very green

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

iv left blue grass for 4 days . I will yellow but it came back that was 5 years ago still looks good