Lawn Care Forum banner

Sod Question

Tags
sod
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Smallaxe 
#1 ·
So i did a sod install about 5 months ago, after the hurricane that came through a little while ago they said that the area of sod began to brown and now not just the sod but some surrounding areas have dried up and died. My buddy who actually mows the lawn said that the sod was fine throughout the ENTIRE summer. Green just like the rest of the grass. She has now asked him to do it instead of me. She hasnt come out and blaimed me for it but my buddy said she isnt happy. The grass wasnt under any salt water at all even with all the flooding( she lives on beach front nearly). Is there something i did wrong??? Thanks

Rob

#3 ·
It would be good to know what wa the cause of that... it had occurred up and down the coast...

my guess is wind driven sea water carrying enough salt to do it in... what was the soil like before that? has anyone analysed anything to learn what might have happened?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.