1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sod rolls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IndyPropertyCare, May 1, 2004.

1. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

How much do you pay per roll of sod ??

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

$1.65 cdn

that's for 1 roll

3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just checking on sod prices the other day...

As I recall:
    Woerners/Ameri-turf was $1.55 picked up at the farm, $1.70 (?, can't remember exactly) picked up at distribution center, 10 square feet rolls.

Prarie Creek was around $1.70, without delivery, 10 square feet rolls.

Purdy (Lafayette) was 1.50 for a one square yard roll.

Plus pallet deposit, tube deposit (for big rolls), and attachment rental/deposit (again, for the big rolls).

Per square foot/yard price was the same for the small rolls vs. the big rolls.

There's another sod farm around, but I can't remember their name. They've been at the PLANTS show for a couple of years now though....

Dan

4. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

CARMEL TURF FARM has "contractor price" of $1.60 per roll. Since you are a big hitter, they might do you a volume discount, who knows. There phone # is 356-5515 and you can pick up product on the Eastside of Indy at 610 S. Shortridge Rd. (South of Washington & just east of Shadeland.)

Mike

5. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

We get our sod from a place in New Jersey and it's .145 cents per square foot. They come in 10 square foot rolls = $1.45. Thats for fescue mix. KY Blue is more, I think .185 a foot.

6. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

That's kinda funny. Fescue costs more than KYBG here.:)

Dan