Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
200 sq ft, thats about $30 worth of sod. no prep? area all ready?how far are u travelin to pick up sod?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bobby, that's a pretty good price for sod. Well, for my area anyway. I would have to pay about $50 - $60 for the sod for 200 sq. ft. Depending on where I buy it.. Roughly $2.50 -$3 a roll (9 sq. ft.)

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
16 cents sq ft is what we buy it for. why the peat moss? anyhow, 5 yds soil @$65 per yd=$325. id let the sod go for $225. about $550 plus tax for the job. no prep, right? not removing anything, etc

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
does anyone have a set price for installing sod by the sq ft???
just the sod installation, not including prep.
I used to
I am finding that lately I am pricing higher and higher and getting the work. Also pending on my mood and who the customer is.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
does anyone have a set price for installing sod by the sq ft???
just the sod installation, not including prep.
as my previous post you said just a price to lay the sod, i charge $1 a sq. ft to lay sod as what my price reflected. Any prep work is obviously extra along with devilery.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
as my previous post you said just a price to lay the sod, i charge $1 a sq. ft to lay sod as what my price reflected. Any prep work is obviously extra along with devilery.
so on a 10k sq ft area, which really isn't all that big, your price would be $10,000?????

·
Registered
368 Posts
i dont know what part of jersey your from but.....if i told a someone that up my way, they would tell me to take a walk, among other things.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
You do know that the more sqft you buy in sod the lower the price per sqft it is?

Doing 10,000sqft is not the same as doing 2,000. I lower the price accordingly.

However the main factor I look at when considering a sod job is the amount of trim.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by GLAN
You do know that the more sqft you buy in sod the lower the price per sqft it is?

However the main factor I look at when considering a sod job is the amount of trim.
i agree with you, but still...........
just say the cost of sod is $.20 but around here it is lower then that, anyway,
on 10,000 sq ft that means the sod cost's $2,000 you would charge $8,000 for less then a days work????
im moving near you if thats the case.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by GLAN

Exactly, i charge the $1 per sq ft for the small jobs because it doesnt take long and charging by the hour for it wont make you any money. The larger the area the better the price obviously.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.