1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Softball Field Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylandscaping, Feb 16, 2004.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you mow a softball field? I'm bidding on the local fire department's field (the dept. I'm a member of)..

I just got back from taking the measurements and will be posting them soon.. Just looking for some insight on price. I have a number in mind but want to see what you come up with..

2. qualitylandscaping

Approx area to be maintained: 97,594 sqft
    Approx total acres: 2.24

Approx area to be trimmed: 790 feet
    Approx area to be blown off: 606 feet

Will be using 48" JD ZTR @ approx 6-7mph

Wide open mowing with the following obstacles:

Enclosed Pavilion
    Backstop
    Bleachers
    Team Benches and Fence
    Outfield Boundary Fence

3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

I mow a field for a little leage, total mowed area about 1.5 acres. I charge $58. The field is edged in a way that there is no trimming. Takes 1 guy 1/2 hr to mow.

4. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

We also spot spray weeds encroaching the field and in the dugout areas which we charge extra for. If the field you are bidding on requires trimming I would charge extra according to how much time it will take each week to do so. My guesstimate, site unseen with trimming would be about $85.

5. qualitylandscaping

Just wanted to update this..

I put my bid in at $60.00 per cut..

There were 7 bids including mine.. Lowest was $50.00 and as far as I know the highest was close to $200.00.

I'm not mentioning names but I came in second. I was underbid by a fire fighter in the dept., and they gave it to him for $50.00.

My original bid came out in the high $90's but I dropped alot off of it because I'm in the dept.

I lost but at least it ended up in the hands of the guy who helped get me started in this biz..